On our Northern Territory indigenous tours we expose students to a range of different Indigenous groups. We have a longstanding relationship with a Limilngan – Wulna family of the Adelaide River Region in Darwin. This family owns and operates an Aboriginal cultural centre. Rustic Pathways has been visiting the centre with students for a number of years. Having a close relationship with this family allows our students to interact and connect with them on a deeper level.
Some of our Northern Territory programs visit Arnhem Land and the Injalak arts centre. Injalak Arts curates a selection of art works that are unique to West Arnhem Land and its people. Our students visit the art centre and participate in guided tours of the local area with local artists. Students interact with Kunwinjku, Mengerrdji and Erre people. They learn all about these cultural groups and the creation stories that influence their art.
Most of our Northern Territory Indigenous Tours also visit Kakadu National Park. Kakadu National Park is an extremely important place for its traditional owners. Students who visit the park will learn all about the Aborginal people of the area. Guided tours are conducted by either local Bininj or Mungguy people. Students will discover the connection between these people and their land. Students will also learn about how Indigenous groups are caring for their country and passing down their stories to the next generation.
– Experience a welcome to Country.
– Learn about bush tucker, bush medicine and traditional weapons.
– Cross into beautiful Gunbalanya via Cahills Crossing.
– Meet local artists on a gallery tour.
– Tour Injalak Hill with an Indigenous guide.
– Tours to significant cultural and rock art sites with Indigenous guides.
– Hands on cultural activities.
– Visit some of the best Indigenous museums and art galleries in the Northern Territory.
– Explore the beautiful Nitmiluk Gorge with an Indigenous guide.
– Marvel at the incredible landscape of Cooinda and the Kakadu National Park on a guided boat tour.
– Service projects with Rustic Pathways long standing community partners.
– Projects may be related to Indigenous culture, the environment or human and social services.
All of the above experiences are available for inclusion in our custom designed programs. Alternatively contact us to learn about our preexisting programs in the Northern Territory
Learn more about Aboriginal Cultural Immersion with Rustic Pathways