This policy relates to our collection and handling of personal information that is covered by the Privacy Act. It is not intended to cover categories of personal information that are not covered by the Privacy Act.
At times, we may collect personal information about you from a third party. This may include where a person makes a travel booking on your behalf which includes travel arrangements to be used by you such as a group booking (e.g. school or other organisation). If we receive information in this way then it is assumed that you have consented to your personal information being collected and stored in accordance with this Policy. If you have become aware that your personal information has been provided to us by another person without your consent then you should let us know immediately.
With respect to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), we, Rustic Pathways Travel, are the “data controller”. Rustic Pathways Travel complies with all relevant sections of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Why we may collect information
Active Information Collection
Personal information may be collected through these Products, Services and Website actively. Active information collection includes but is not limited to:
- Our Websites (including but not limited to email@example.com);
- Any social media;
- Through purchase of a Product or Service;
- Complete any forms or surveys;
- Registration information through these Services or a third party login feature;
- Subscribing to emails, alerts or Services;
- Previously supplied or provided information;
- Through contacting us directly either in person, by telephone, letter, facsimile, email or when you visit our website
- Participating in any deals, competitions or promotions.
- Any software; and
- Any other way information is collected manually or electronically.
Passive Information Collection, IP addresses & Cookies
Per standard Australian industry practice we may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The access points may be by visiting the Website directly; via another website; or from an email sent to you from us. By accessing from any of these points you consent to the collection of such data and personal information.
Where we store your personal information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in Australia. This case where data is stored overseas, it may also be processed by staff operating outside Australia who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your Service, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
The data and personal information collected is used and disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- to provide the Services;
- to respond to enquires;
- to maintain a customer relationship;
- to deliver the service or program;
- to fulfil obligations in other Terms;
- to maintain the Services and Website;
- improve the browsing experience of the Website;
- to handle enquires and complaints from Customers and Users;
- to keep the Website secure and assist in preventing fraud;
- to provide updates, deals and newsletters; and
- to improve our Products, Services and Website.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, Products or Services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Products and Services, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to Our Products and Services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about Services and Products which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- contact information such as residential address, mailing address, telephone number, email address;
- personal information such as first and last name, gender, sex, marital status, educational institution, information about your dietary requirements and health issues (if any)
- travel related information such as passport details, frequent flyer details, meal preferences or dietary requirements and other details relevant to your travel arrangements or required by the relevant travel service providers (e.g. airlines, accommodation or tour providers);
- medical information such as health issues, medical history and medications;
- payment processing details;
- Credit related identification information such as name, card type, card number, security number, expiry date, date of birth, current or previous address, name of current employer, drivers licence number, internet Protocol (IP) addresses and unique device identifiers (UDIDs);
- contact preferences;
- personal interests;
- details of your visits to Our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- location data;
- information about your experience with our Services;
- product review data in line with our Product Review Policy;
- if you contact Us, We may keep a record of that correspondence;
- we may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them; and
- any other personal information requested by our Services.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your registration information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as the case may be), as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth). We may be required to disclose your information to other tour providers that have been engaged to provide services in line with any contracts you have with Us.
We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organisations unless:
- required by law;
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a product or Service which you have requested;
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or one of our Users or in Our interests;
- some or all of Our assets or Our operations are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of Our business; or
- you give your consent.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third parties, or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
Protection of data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers in Australia. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to Other Websites
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have the right to ask us to provide you with any personal data we hold. We will provide you with such information provided that you:
- instruct us in writing; and
- supply appropriate evidence of your identity.
We have the right to withhold such personal data to the extent permissible by applicable law.
How we collect and hold your personal information
Commitment to data security
Your personal identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this Website allow you to opt out of further mailings.
To meet legislation guidelines we retain your information for as long as needed to provide you the Services. If you no longer wish to use the Services you can cancel your Service pursuant to our Terms on our Website. Following a cancellation however we may need to retain some information to meet legislation guidelines that survive the agreement of these Terms.
Changing and updating information
Support and Who are we?
We are an Australian company located in Victoria with the following contact details:
Rustic Pathways Travel Pty Ltd